Article by @PassMatricSA (www.epicmagazine.net)
I thought to write about this as I was feeling sleepy while studying During exams we often work too much hard studying at nights. Exams are near and we decide to study for longer hours. We think the best time is to study at night, but we can’t stop ourselves yawning while we are studying. In my case, subjects like chemistry and physics were too boring and i couldn’t keep myself awake. The same case must be with many. Soon we feel the need to be awake to learn the subject. So, we are in a dilemma. Lets see some epic ways on how to avoid sleep while studying.
* Have at least 6 hours of sound sleep at night. This will keep you fresh all
the time the next day.
* Don’t eat a lot before studying. This makes you feel sleepy.
* Don’t eat rice before starting studying. This, too, is going to make you
* Do not drink milk after dinner. It makes you drowsy.
* We feel sleepy while studying if we do not understand the content of the
book that we read, so try to understand the content.
* Love the subject. Try to understand the concept instead of mugging up.
* Drink water so that you have to go to bathroom every now and then.
Believe me it works.
* Drink tea or coffee, whichever you like before the same.
* Don’t study with a fan blowing in your face as it will dry out your eyes and
make you fall asleep.
* Try to study hard topics at high energy levels of your body, when your
mind is fresh read tough subject.
* Read and study actively.
* Sit on a chair with flat back.
* Don’t sit in a one place. While reading the study material, take a walk
within your room.
* Change topic if not interesting.
* Check out for how long you can stick glued to studying without losing
concentration. Then take break accordingly.
* Do some kind of tough exercises that will make you alert and stop you
* Keep all the lights on of your room. Don’t have lighting more than
* Have something to eat beside you.
* Don’t keep your eyes too much close to the books.
* Even don’t just keep reading, try writing something if you feel sleepy.
* Try to read aloud, it helps when you make sounds. If you read in your
mind, there are chances that you fall asleep sooner.
Even after trying all these tips if you feel sleepy, and then go for short nap but not more than 60 minutes, otherwise you will end up wasting your important time of study. These tips have helped me very much. Hope they’re good for you too. Enjoy your adventure